Edward Hopper, renowned as one of the greatest American painters of the 20th century, was fascinated by light and shadow. His paintings—New England landscapes, cityscapes, interiors—all carried a sense of stillness, capturing a moment in time. The figures that appear in his paintings, whether or not they are alone, seem to be in their own solitary worlds, contemplative, bathed in sunshine or dimly lit. This book of postcards presents an overview of Hopper’s masterpieces, including such iconic works as Nighthawks, Automat, Ground Swell, and Cape Cod Evening, among many others.
30 color reproductions bound in a handy postcard collection
• Mail the postcards, or keep the book for your own collection
• Decorate your office or dorm room with a wall of images
• Informative introductory text
• Backs of postcards offer enough room for short messages
• Perforated for easy removal
• Oversized postcards may require additional postage
• Pomegranate’s books of postcards feature exclusive selections of art from museums and artists around the world
Book: 6.875 x 4.75 x .375 in.
Postcard: 6.5 x 4.75 in.