Bicycles have long promised adventure and freedom, progress and hope. Their popularity blossomed in the late 1800s, coinciding with the rise of lithography and lavishly illustrated posters. With stylish typography and eye-catching compositions, artists of the day emphasized the pleasures and practicalities of cycling. Their dynamic posters celebrate the bicycle in advertisements from the likes of Cycles Peugeot, Premier Cycle Company, and Cycles Gladiator. The 12 vintage posters presented in this calendar will capture your imagination and propel you through your year.
• 12 monthly grids and full-color artwork
• High-quality printing with soy-based inks on premium, environmentally sourced paper stock
• Exceptional color quality
• Grid pages are easy to write on
• Features US, Canadian, and United Kingdom legal holidays
• Perfect for hanging at home or over an office desk
Published with Swann Auction Galleries
Size: 12 x 13 x .125 in.
Opens to: 12 x 26 in.